(as of May 22,2020 19:05:23 UTC – Details)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest WordPress 5.0 (Bebo) and its new features
- Learn easily with the help of a beginner-friendly layout and useful advice, along with a variety of examples and screenshots
- Enrich your development experience with the new block-based editor – Gutenberg
A few years ago, launching a new website required you to either learn web programming or hire a professional who would take care of the whole process for you. However, in recent times with WordPress, anyone can build an optimized site effortlessly and even make it available to the world in no time. In this seventh edition of WordPress 5 Complete, you’ll learn how to build visually appealing and functional websites using WordPress.
You’ll explore the new version of WordPress – 5.0, understanding its features and how to use them effectively. The book will systematically guide you through crafting content pages using the block editor, customizing the design of your site, and even making sure it’s secure. You’ll begin with an introduction to WordPress and learn how to set it up. Next, you’ll get up to speed with how to create a blog site, write content, and use plugins and themes to customize the design of the site and add unique elements to enhance it. To further develop your skills, the book will guide you through creating your own themes and plugins. In the concluding chapters, you’ll get to grips with using WordPress for building non-blog websites.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with WordPress features and functionality, and have the skills you need to confidently design high-quality websites.
What you will learn
- Understand how to adapt your plugin with the Gutenberg editor
- Create content that is optimized for publication on the web
- Develop visually appealing pages and posts with the use of block editor
- Install and work with plugins and themes
- Customize the design of your website
- Upload multimedia content, such as images, audio, and video, easily and effectively
- Develop your own WordPress plugins and themes
- Use WordPress to build websites that serve purposes other than blogs
Who this book is for
This book is for PHP developers who have basic knowledge of working with WordPress and want to get a practical understanding of using the system for creating production-ready websites.
Table of Contents
- Introducing WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress
- Creating Blog Content
- Pages, Media, and Importing/Exporting Content
- Plugins – What They Are and Why You Need Them
- Securing your WordPress Website
- Choosing and Installing Themes
- Customizing your Website Appearance/Design
- Developing your Own Theme
- Social Media Integration, Podcasting, and HTTPS
- Developing Plugins, Widgets, and an Introduction to REST API
- Creating a Non-Blog Website Part One – The Basics
- Creating a Non-Blog Website Part Two – E-Commerce Websites and Custom Content Elements